Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cricket and the Red High Heels Ch 2.

Duck swirled the suds with her bushy tale hoping the sharp hairs on her tale would pop most of the bubbles. Little did she know it only multiplied the suds by a billion. Before Duck could even realize what was going on, the whole entire bathroom was covered with suds, floor to ceiling.

Cricket was soundly sleeping in her bathrobe without a care in the world. She was dreaming about the rain down in Africa {inspiration -> Toto - Africa} which doesn't seem to happen very often. Suddenly the rain in her dream began to flood her picnic basket that she was sitting in. She felt like she was going to drown . . . she woke up with a start only to find . . .

that Moses was laying in the reed basket next to hers. (She knew he was Moses because of the beard).
"Hey!" Cricket mew-yelled. "I thought you were in the basket in the Nile when you were a baby! And how did I get in the Nile!"
"Well, sweet Cricket, let me tell you." Moses propped himself up on his elbow on the side of the basket. "You're dreaming. And you're not in the Nile. We're in the Colorado River."
"What! How did I get here? More importantly, how did you get here?"
"As you were falling asleep, you were imagining how nice it would be to be an Egyptian cat who was worshiped all the time, were you not?"
"Yes."
"Well, I am the man who comes to visit cats who dream of Egypt, since that is where I was born. Plus when I lived in Pharaoh's house I had 73 cats. Would you like me to list them for you?"
"Oh. Uh..."
"Zippy, Sandy, Ibis, Babu, Hakizimana, Jafari, Moss, Mosi, Mosa..." Moses droned on and on and on and on...

No comments: